minstrel: Period sheet music for SCA vocal group?

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu Mar 8 10:29:29 PST 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 10:09:53AM -0800, violingoddes wrote:

> Where would one find printed (or online, to be printed out) sheet
> music for a period vocal group?  Both Male and female voices,
> madrigals, or folk tunes?  We need to find both sheet music and
> words.  (we have some instrumentaion).  Any suggestions?  Much
> appreciated!

There are quite a few resources pointed to at:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/music.html

The annotated bibliography has quite a few books listed with sheet
music. The Early Music FAQ site has a "scores" section. And several
sites are pointed at directly: Thomas Ravenscroft, who has quite a few
madrigals and 4-part settings of folk tunes; the "Arenai"
site has quite a few pieces, and so forth.

-- Gregory Blount