minstrel: When was it writ?

Myra Hope Bobbitt mhbobbitt at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 28 13:53:20 PST 2001

Greetings, Solomon!

Http://www.contemplator.com/folk/ashgrv2.html  has this to report:

'[Ash Grove, or Llwyn On, is] ...one of the few Welsh Folk songs that has
become part of the folk song heritage all over the world. According to
Grove's Dictionary of Music and Musicians, it appeared "in a mutilated form
as "Cease Your Funning" in John Gay's The Beggar's Opera in 1728.'

Good luck!

~Leucum