minstrel: When was it writ?

Solomon Matisoff SolomonM at asta-engineering.com
Wed Feb 28 11:34:33 PST 2001

Good Afternoon, one and all,

Along with my attempts to learn period pieces I'm trying to filk period
pieces in a period style.  (Only in Modern English; I just can't manage
other languages...  Yet...)

So last night on a drive home I came upon a filk for Ashgrove.  My searches
have come up only with the unhelpful words "Traditional" and I'm trying to
date the tune to period.  Often "Trad." means "Slightly Pre-Victorian" or
"My Mom Sang It To Me" and is totally out.  Does anyone have a go/no go on
its creation date?

Thanks,
	Solomon