minstrel: ballads

ponygirl at gs.verio.net ponygirl at gs.verio.net
Sat Feb 17 16:41:13 PST 2001

Thank you to the people who have offered their help.  I am mainly looking for
guitar chords to several songs I have heard from Wit and Mirth: Pills to Purge
Melancholy.  It's a collection of humorous ballads collected by Thomas D'Urfey
(late 1600-early 1700).  The songs are

Cold and Raw (The Farmers Daughter)
The Irish Jig (The Night Ramble)
My Thing is My Own
When First Amyntas sued For a Kiss

I am also looking for music to "Walking in a meadow greene", which is in Bishop
Percy's Folio MS.  Does anyone know any of these songs?  Any help will be greatly
appreciated.
Richenda