minstrel: Documentation assistance

Blue barddance at crosswinds.net
Wed Jan 17 12:09:27 PST 2001

At 12:26 17/01/01 -0600, you wrote:
>At 11:37 AM 1/17/01 -0500, you wrote:
> >Milord Taliesin,
> >
> >Have you come across the web site for the Order of Bards, Ovates, and
> >Druids?
> >be the Welsh wiccan organization Y Tylwyth Teg,
>
>Both are recent post period inventions claiming ancient lineage.
>Any sources listed by them should be Highly suspect...still they might
>have reference to something actually period and useful.

I'd just like to point out the OBOD does *not* claim an ancient lineage of
any kind, indeed takes pains to point out on the website and in any
literature that at most their organisation dates back to the resurgence of
interest in druidry and al things celtic towards the end of the 18th century.

I hardly feel a list devoted to members of the SCA should pass judgement on
"post period inventions" of any sort. As with any information about matters
poorly documented, about which much has been invented, take everything with
a pinch of salt, indeed, a large shovelful where necessary.

Read widely and form your own views - standard practice in any research,
please dont just dismiss a useful source out of hand just from what you may
have heard about them :)

Blue

--
Life, love, music & laughter.