minstrel: Lap Harps

Cynthia J Ley cley at juno.com
Fri Jan 12 23:18:51 PST 2001

Metal strings sound a lot different that nylon ones. To my ear, nylon
strings have a fuzzy tone, whereas metal strings sound very clear and
bright. I think the resonance is better and the overtones are really nice
with metal strings, whereas nylon strings make them sound a bit blurry.
You might want to see if you can go in and test play both types, and see
which you prefer.

Ancient Celts didn't have nylon. ;)

						Arlys