minstrel: Violin Questions

MTD deckerm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 8 08:59:21 PST 2001

Okay, I know that the Violin as we know it is out of period, and that its
better known precursors are late period at best...

But still... I've found myself thinking about learning how to play.

Having learned never to send a Cello player to buy a flute, I'm figuring
that the reverse also applies...

Additionally, I keep vassilating between Violin and Viola... unless of
course someone out there knows where I can get  a Lira da braccio or Rebec
or... any of the other precursors.

Tia!
Mary/Brian na gealtacht