minstrel: Administrivia: list policy

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Jan 8 08:06:00 PST 2001

When you sign on to this list, the welcome message includes this
sentence: "Please do not post advertisements, virus warnings, or
off-topic messages on this mailing list."

Many people don't read the welcome message carefully, or forget what
is in it. That's why I remind the entire list when someone posts a
virus warning. Contrary to what the last poster said, I am not angry,
and I realize that the person who posted the warning had good
intentions.

If you don't like the list policy, please write me about it privately.
Flaming me on the list is certain to not have a positive effect.

-- greg