minstrel: OT: London Calling

Myra Hope Bobbitt mhbobbitt at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 15 09:55:43 PST 2000

Gentles all:

This January I will be in London for ten days accompanying my spouse on a
dissertation research junket.  While she haunts the British Library reading
rooms, I'll be renewing my acquaintance with the city and slowly tracking
down all of the intriguing book titles recently posted to this list.  I hope
I may plumb your collective wisdom beforehand...

Aside from Foyles and every used bookstore on Charing Cross Road, are there
particular retailers likely to carry books on celtic harp and/or period
music?

Is the Brian Boru harp located at the V&A or the British Museum, or
elsewhere?  Are there other historical harps to visit?

Does anyone know of period music events or exhibits going on in the London
area in early January?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best wishes to you all in the Holly Season,

~Leucum