minstrel: search for a song

L.van Gool egevil at village.uunet.be
Tue Nov 28 23:11:29 PST 2000

Constance,
Thanks for your speedy response, I have no words at all, I only have a
description off the play or musical, this is what I found on the Internet,
but
I read somewhere sometime about this song but I cannot remember where.

Mercenary Mary
Book and lyrics by William B. Friedlander & Isabel Leighton. Music by Con
Conrad & William B. Friedlander based on Herbert Hall Winslow and Emil
Nyatray's farce What's Your Wife Doing?
Theatre Royal, Drury Lane 1925 (262 perfs.)
Chris and Mary Skinner had married despite the objections of Chris's
grandfather. They fear he will disinherit them so they decide to stage a
divorce, get back in the will, and then quietly remarry. Chris's friend,
Jerry, agrees, for a fee, to play co-respondent in his apartment. Mary is so
nervous she drinks too much and almost spoils everything, but grandfather
relents and all ends well.
Songs:
    Beautiful Baby
    Charleston mad
    Cherchez la Femme
    Come Along, Everything's Going To Be All Right
    Honey, I'm In Love With You
    I Want To Be A Chaste Woman
    I'm A Little Bit Fonder
    Just You & I & Baby
    Over the Garden Wall
    That's When a Fellow Needs a Friend
    They Still Look Good To Me
    Tomorrow (based on Chopin's Nocturne #12)

Liesbeth van Gool
egevil van Gnantwerp
egevil at village.uunet.be