minstrel: henry v songs

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Nov 22 07:40:44 PST 2000

> i'm going to direct a production of henry v and i
> would like to include several songs of the period,
> "strike it up tabor" and "we be soldiers three" in
> particular.

We Be Souldiers Three is in Ravenscroft; there is a facsimile and a
modern rendition at http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/ravenscroft/. It's in
Deuteromelia, # 3. The modern rendition is unfortunately only the
tenor (melody) line.

"Strike it up, tabor" is by Weelkes? I don't recall where it has been
published off the top of my head, but maybe Musica Britannica?

-- g