minstrel: intruments - cittern

Corrie Bergeron corrie at itasca.net
Fri Nov 17 10:42:26 PST 2000

I've got an a-style mando with a pear-shaped body and a round sound
hole.  It's a Lone Star "Venice" Model.  OOP, but it looks non-modern and
sounds nice.  I also have a
Waldzither, a cittern-like instrument with a very unusual mechanical
headstock.  I have it tuned like a mandola,
because it's easy to play that way.  I have't really come across much info
on specific cittern tuning, much less specific music for cittern.  You can
see photos and hear sound clips at www.itasca.net/~corrie/cittern

The page also has links to cittern-ish resources.

Brendan