minstrel: Music Maker

Tim Connor timcon at flash.net
Tue Nov 14 21:15:00 PST 2000

Well, by the strict definition it is a plucked psaltery.  Not exactly a period
one, but as close as most instruments used at SCA events get.  My daughter has
one--it sounds pretty good if you can get it tuned right (each string serves two
courses--it goes from the tuning peg around a pin and back to another tuning peg.
Makes tuning a bit tricky sometimes).  It's soft, but the tone isn't bad and it's
easy to play.  I'd say go for it, but I'm a liberal.

Tadhg O Cuileannain