minstrel: Sheet Music Software

Dana Hawkes danad at tidepool.com
Mon Nov 6 19:58:49 PST 2000

I don't mean to offend the person who recommended Noteworthy..... If you're
looking for simplicity Noteworthy is ok, it's very easy to use, but it's
limitations get pretty annoying. I got tired of constantly manipulating
staff size and margins to make the music look right. (Even then it didn't
usually come out looking very good). I often would end up with repeats in
the middle of a system or the last page just having one measure on it. I
switched to Personal Composer. It's a much better program. With it I can use
the cursor to drag any part of the music - barlines, notes, systems. If  I
want to I can adjust the size and shape of note heads and stems and ties.
Basically I'm able to make the music look exactly how I want it to. I sent
some transcriptions to a publisher recently and he said that usually he
enters any music he is going to publish into his program (Score, I think),
but he said that the quality of what I sent him was good enough that he
would make an exception and publish the transcriptions just as I sent them
to him (done with Personal Comp.).
Anyway, their address is www.pcomposer.com