minstrel: medieval English music

Patricia Yarrow yarrowp at mscd.edu
Wed Oct 11 10:26:05 PDT 2000

Thank you, Master Gregory.  I do believe that's the one.

Interestingly, a lot of the songs are in the Ionian mode, and the use of
parallel thirds is pronounced.

_________
I bet it's this one (quoting from the music bibliography linked to the
minstrel webpage):

Dobson, E. J. and Harrison, F. Ll. <cite>Medieval English Songs</cite>.
London and Boston: Faber and Faber, 1979. ISBN 0 571 09841 X.<p>

  GL: A collection of "all the words and music of all songs with
  English text up to about 1400 which are known to have survived
  with their music".

-- Gregory Blount