minstrel: medieval English music

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Oct 11 10:16:23 PDT 2000

> Also, I have a photocopy of an anthology of 13th-14th century English songs,
> pieces such as Bryd one Brere (sp?).  It doesn't appear to be in the Auraria
> library any more, but I'll see if I can pull the information off the
> photocopy when I get home.

I bet it's this one (quoting from the music bibliography linked to the
minstrel webpage):

Dobson, E. J. and Harrison, F. Ll. <cite>Medieval English Songs</cite>.
London and Boston: Faber and Faber, 1979. ISBN 0 571 09841 X.<p>

  GL: A collection of "all the words and music of all songs with
  English text up to about 1400 which are known to have survived
  with their music".

-- Gregory Blount