minstrel: medieval English music

Patricia Yarrow yarrowp at mscd.edu
Wed Oct 11 10:13:28 PDT 2000

I haven't seen it yet, but this new one looks promising:

Music in the Age of Chaucer : With Chaucer Songs
                     by Nigel Wilkins

                     Paperback - 224 pages Revised
                     edition (January 2000)
                     Boydell & Brewer; ISBN: 0859915654 ; Dimensions (in
                     inches): 0.81 x 10.84 x 8.64
                     Other Editions: Hardcover

Also, I have a photocopy of an anthology of 13th-14th century English songs,
pieces such as Bryd one Brere (sp?).  It doesn't appear to be in the Auraria
library any more, but I'll see if I can pull the information off the
photocopy when I get home.

Good luck.
Vivien
_______
Does anyone know of a good source for medieval English music that isn't
carols? I am specifically looking for 14th-15th century songs. Carols I
have. :)

Many thanks,