minstrel: Lute

Dana Hawkes danad at tidepool.com
Tue Sep 12 15:06:54 PDT 2000

The Guild of American Luthiers sells a number of sets of plans, and some of
the early issues of their quarterly journal have articles that go through
the steps of building these lutes. Supposedly they were going to sell all of
those articles as a book at some point. Here is the address-
http://www.luth.org/indexnf.htm
Also, here is a huge list of the plans that are available from about 25
different museums-
http://www.music.ed.ac.uk/euchmi/cimcim/iwd.html#iwdi
And, you might want to look for the websites of the Boston Museum and The
Shrine to Music museum, I know that both sell plans for viols, so they may
have lute plans too.