minstrel: Harper's Retreat

MH Bobbitt anwr22 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 29 10:04:34 PDT 2000

Lady Vivien, I'm happy to oblige.

East Kingdoms University at Harper's Retreat is, briefly speaking, a
relaxed-atmosphere series of classes, performance opportunities, and
food-related events in a gorgeous secluded location in New Hampshire.  The
event takes place over Labor Day weekend (three days hence) from Friday
through Monday.  Details may be found on the web at the following location:

http://www.eastkingdom.org/event-detail.html?eid=94

I only attended on Saturday of last year, so my experience of the event was
rather... focused.  Tibicen's Performance Clinic was quite valuable, and I
hope she plans to lead it again this year.  Performances themselves were a
good mix of chant, period song, impromptu noodling, and "greatest hits"
filk.  Predictably, "Harp Tuning" was the lay most often heard, but it was
music to my ears...

CD sales from last year's event helped defray this year's cost, which is
$8.00 for board and lodging all four days.  Write to Lord Yitzhak ibn Yoshua
at turner at blackbear.com for reservations, which may be in short supply at
this late date.

I hope to see you there.

Regards,