minstrel: Cantigas di amigo

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Aug 21 11:10:57 PDT 2000

> Does anyone know of a published version of the "Cantigas di amigo" of
> Martin Codax?  I've had no luck at local libraries or on Amazon.com--any
> assistance would be appreciated.

Many good libraries have their catalogs online. I looked at UVa. They
have 1 book published in 1996 by Barbara Fowler which is a partial
translation into English. They have 5 sound recordings. And there's a
book in Portuguese poetry published in 1947 which also has some
translations into English. No sign of a facsimile.

http://www.lib.virginia.edu/

I don't know of any place that has WorldCat available to the general
public. It's much more comprehensive.

-- Gregory Blount