minstrel: ap Huw

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Sun Aug 20 07:44:04 PDT 2000

> I was just at the Mills Music Lib in Madison WI last night, and saw a
> facsimile copy of the manuscript!

And it's on the web, too.

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/ap_huw/

Facsimile, bibliography, and a short introduction.

> I can barely recall the brief introduction, but they would only certify
> the music in the document to about 1610?, but feel it must be older.

Right. It has some "modern" pieces, and a supposed copy of an earlier
manuscript. The guy who owned the manuscript in the 18th century added
some b.s. about how "ancient" the music is, but you can ignore that...

-- Gregory Blount