minstrel: Greetings and Huw

MH Bobbitt anwr22 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 16 06:27:29 PDT 2000

Hello, good gentles!

I apologize for, in my excitement, putting the cart before the horse and
forgetting the demands of courtesy in favor of inquiry.

Thank you for welcoming me to your list.  My name is Leucum merch Ouein, and
I live in the East Kingdom Barony of Carolingia.  I'm a poet learning to
play the harp, and I can sing.  I've been to four events, the first of which
was Harpers' Retreat last year; I and my 29-string will faithfully attend
the next one.  Will anyone else in listshot be attending?

The CD I mentioned is titled, "TWO WORLDS OF THE WELSH HARP" with back-cover
explanation, "From the Robert ap Huw Manuscript (1613) and the volumes of
Edward Jones's /Musical and Poetical Relicks of the Welsh Bards/ (1784-1825)
played on historical harps by William Taylor".  The CD is out on Dorian
Recordings; we bought it through a "twelve-for-a-penny-then-we-own you"
music club which happens -- surprisingly -- to put out some really enjoyable
selections.  My harp teacher tells me that the interesting 'tuptuptup' sound
and the buzzing twang indicate horsehair and wire strings in use...

Many thanks, again, for your leads and encouragement.

Respectfully,

Leucum