minstrel: Some tunes I'm searching for

Donald F. Harrington dharrington at uswest.net
Tue Jun 27 16:40:20 PDT 2000

Ja nuns hons pris ne dira sa raison
Adroitement, se dolantement non.

Mais par effort puet il faire chançon,
Mout ai amis, mais povre sunt li don.

Honte i avront, se por ma reançon
Sui ça deus yvers pris.

Historical Anthology of Music, Harvard University Press
item 19.a, Trouvères, Ballade, attributed to Richard Coeur-de-Lion
(1157-1199) (although I don't trust that attribution, it's a great story!).

Also found in "A Medieval Feast" and other collections.
e-mail me and I will send you a midi file.

Don Harrington
Lazarus Artifex