minstrel: Flemish poetry/music c.1530

Christina van Tets cjvt at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 24 07:01:59 PDT 2000

Hello the List!

Does this list only deal with the musical side of the bardic arts?  My
apologies if it does, but I'm hoping for advice, if anyone has it to spare,
on poetry:

I'm trying to write a poem in early modern Flemish, using language and
poetic patterns from Antwerp, approx. 1530.  I have 3 poems which I am using
for style, plus some other texts which I am working on translating anyway,
which will give me extra vocab/idiomatic usage.  I've also remembered
recently the existence in my possession of about a dozen songs from the same
time, so may well decide to set it if it is successful.

Does anyone have any experience/suggestions?

Cairistiona