minstrel: Re: Dueling in Ohio

Tracie Brown peerlady at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 1 12:40:24 PDT 2000

I lived in Dayton OH for six years back in the 80s. If my memory serves me,
the Ohio law prohibiting dueling had a provision that allowed sport fencing
and which would have applied to SCA fencing and tournament (rattan) combat
because both have a governing body and a defined set of rules and standards.
But it's nice to know the Ohio state legislature is on top of this issue.
  -- Signy
     "But Marshall, they're *rattan* bullets!"  (old TI cartoon)