minstrel: flageolets

William Fleming gorp at erols.com
Thu May 11 16:40:55 PDT 2000

No Flageolets do not have an octave hole.  Just as with a fife you move to the
next octave by overblowing.  The technique is called tonguing.  You gently spit
as if you had a piece of lint on the tip of your tongue.  Generally I can get two
and a half octaves out of my instrument.

Good luck,

--Ruaidhri