minstrel: "Bowed" dulcimer

Corrie Bergeron corrie at itasca.net
Mon Apr 24 11:17:44 PDT 2000

I saw a musician in San Francisco a number of years ago who played a
hammered dulcimer with finger-bows.  These were long sticks attached to
the ends of his finger, like fingerpicks, but with brushes instead of
hammers.  He stroked the strings, and produced the most lovely,
otherwordly sounds.  I am still kicking myself for not buying his
cassette.

Brendan / Corrie