minstrel: Sir Gawain translation, continued

Paul Deane pdeane at jps.net
Sat Apr 22 08:31:46 PDT 2000

I have just posted another installment to my ongoing online
translation of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.

This one covers his arrival at a strange castle the
day before Christmas (lines 785-994 of the poem) and
is a wealth of information about 14th century chivalric
custom (at least, as it was presented poetically.)

This section of the translation can be accessed
from this URL:

http://www.jps.net/pdeane/fgr/Pearl2b.html

It's part of my larger site on alliterative poetry,

Forgotten Ground Regained
http://www.jps.net/pdeane/fgr/

Enjoy.

Paul Deane