minstrel: Vocabulary and Terminology

mary k cummings mkcummin at unm.edu
Thu Apr 20 10:24:22 PDT 2000

> There's a huge difference between dismissing the rude people issue,
> and not wanting to talk about it on every mailing list. I haven't seen
> anyone suggest dismissing the issue.

Oh, true.  I did not mean to imply that anyone here suggested dismissing
the issue.  Please excuse my imprescision.

> I hope you aren't mapping what you think you are as an entertainer
> onto other people. *I* am not a "Bard", and many folks on this list
> don't call themselves Bards. You, of course, are welcome to chase your
> own dream as you see fit. If that includes making sure you're Really
> Nice to newcomers, that's great. I don't know anyone who doesn't try
> to be Really Nice to newcomers.
>
> -- Gregory Blount

Oh, no.  Sorry again.  I do not mean to say that all here are bards, nor
should they be.  Believe it or not, I try /not/ to label and
categorize.

Leaving town now.  Byyyyeeeeee all.

-Kathleen