minstrel: Vocabulary and Terminology

M. J. lawteller at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 03:01:51 PDT 2000

OK, I think we can all agree that the term "Nazi" is as repugnant as the type of people that are
so ascribed. The problem with most is their authenticity is selective. I have been reprimanded by
such a worthy for wearing moccassin boots, all the while she was wearing cotton clothings. The
simple fact is that noone can be truly authentic. We bathe, we can read and write, and only very
few can actually speak the language that their persona does, and not as they would have spoken it.
As music goes, we cannot know exactly all the songs that were sung, or poems performed, only what
has survived. The better of us try our best, learning as we go. The lesser have ideas carved in
stone, inflexible to any change or reason, and try to impose THEIR view as the only right one. So
other names that can be cited (for levity):

Society for Conflicting Authenticy Guru (SCAG)
Church for Forceful Fancies (COFF)
Sensitivity-challenged
History Preacher
Almanac-Thumper

Remember thy Canon Law my children:

When it ceases to be fun, it ceases to be.
We cannot make you have fun, but we can make fun of you.

Corwyn

=====
In nomine Party, et Filidh, et Spiritus Sake.