minstrel: Some stuff

Tammy tammyt at chorus.net
Thu Apr 13 04:54:42 PDT 2000

I don't think anyone really knows what was played on the harp, although
it was seen in carvings and drawings often.  One thing that I've found
works, is that if you are playing music with someone else (a recorder,
or a singer), it is best not to double the melody, but do accompaniment.
Debra Friou has a nice set of arrangements in her book "Early Music".

One really fun piece to learn is Mauchant (sp?) "Douce Dame Jolie".
Even my son likes that!

Enjoy!