minstrel: Jouyessance... which is right?

Christopher Gregory krummhorn at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 7 21:24:28 PDT 2000

I am building a repitoire of dance music to play at dance meetings, and I've
found something which I'm sure this list can help with.  I was looking on
Del's Dance page in the MP3 section, and I nearly shrieked with delight at
finding sound files to listen to and play along with.  However, when I came
to Jouyessance (sp?) i noticed that there are two different versions; the
one on "The Companions of St. Cecilia Volume 2" is different from the ones
on "Tape of Dance Vol. 2."  I wanted to do an arrangement of the one on "The
Companions of St. Cecilia" CD, however if that is a special arrangement, I
would need to get, or in any case would feel more comfortable in getting,
permission.  In short, HALP!

Thanks in advance,
Richard Crowder

PS: It's really quiet on this list lately... even the authenticity and filk
arguments seem to have quieted down!