minstrel: Andalusian music?

Katy Krieg katyk at umich.edu
Tue Apr 4 12:52:59 PDT 2000

Lady Jehanne,
"Tres Morillas" is a song I know which seems to fit your theme, though it
is neither Andalusian nor on-line as far as I've been able to find.  It's
a late 15th century Villancico in Castillian Spanish about the singer
falling in love with three little Moorish girls.  The piece is anonymous;
I found it published in _Cancionero Musical de los Siglos XV y XVI_
collected by Francisco Asenjo Barbieri, Madrid, 1890.  I know there are
other editions out there, as well as some recordings.  The original
manuscript it was in is called "Cancionero de Palacio."  I can mail you a
copy if you can't find one.

-Elsa von Heilbronn