minstrel: Performing Arts at Estrella XVII

Jeff&Cindy Stultz taliesin at primenet.com
Sun Apr 2 06:21:25 PDT 2000

Greetings to the List from Maitresse Melisend de Chartres, OP, Kingdom of Atenveldt!

I have the pleasure to have been named the Performing Arts Coordinator for Estrella XVII (February 2001).  Since this is a brand new position, I would to gather input as to what kinds of Performing Arts and types of venues War attendees would like to see.  I welcome any general discussion on the list, but if you could also take a moment of your time to forward your suggestions directly to me at taliesin at primenet.com , I would be most grateful.  Please feel free to cross-post to any lists you think might be applicable as well.  As a starting point, I have included some sample questions.

1.  What type(s) of performing arts would you be interested in seeing at a War?
Dance (Middle Eastern, European, etc), Vocal (solo, group), Instrumental (solo, chamber group, drums, etc), Theatre (comedy, drama, puppet, mime, mystery cycle, Oriental, etc), Jugglers, Acrobats, Magicians, etc.

2.  What type(s) of performing arts would you be interested in participating in at a War?

3.  In what type(s) of venue(s) would you be interested in seeing Performing Arts at a War?
Separate Performing Arts stage, Stage on Merchants Row, Stage in Grand Court Pavilion, during Court, during Battle Processionals, Laurels Prize Tourney, etc.

4.  At what times would you be interested in seeing Performing Arts at a War?
Wednesday - Friday during the day, Wednesday - Friday during the evening, Saturday & Sunday during the day, Saturday & Sunday during the evening.

5.  At what times would you be interested in participating in Performing Arts at a War?

6.  What group(s) from your area would you like to see perform at a War?  Who is the contact person?

Please feel free to give me any other suggestions or ideas that are not encompassed in these questions.  This is an exciting experiment for Estrella XVII and I promise to keep you all informed as it develops.

In Service,
Melisend