minstrel: Re:t-tunics

erilarlo at win.bright.net erilarlo at win.bright.net
Tue Mar 28 08:19:23 PST 2000

At 4:50 PM -0800 3/27/0, Fred (Flieg) Hollander wrote:
>At 04:49 PM 3/24/00 -0700, teleute at home.com wrote:
>>Greg Lindahl wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, in Isenfir, most newcomers get loaned something considerably
>>> nicer than a T-tunic to their first event, and construct something
>>> considerably nicer when they first sew. We're pretty proud of the
>>> encouragement and help that we offer. I've found many other groups in
>>> my travels around the Known World which likewise have helped each
>>> other to achieve a pretty high standard in dress.
>>
>>As a member of the SCA-garb list, I feel I should point out that
>>T-tunics are perfectly period, in fact things other than a t-tunic would
>>be OOP for some times and places, and that T-tunics can be every bit as
>>gorgeous as later period garb when done with care and attention.
>></soapbox>
>
>   Thank you.  I was beginning to wonder what the metaphor being used was.
>I wear T-tunics all the time (or what I call T-tunics) and they were
>made for me by people who care a lot about authentic garb. Maybe Eogan
>and Gregory have a different meaning for T-tunic?

Those of us who inhabit fairly early times would be badly OOP withOUT a
t-tunic!! T-tunic with long moderately-wide sleeves over t-tunic with
narrow sleeves or just t-tunic, but definitely t-tunic;-)

Lady Mechthild zur Drachenhoehle, erilar
Maker of runic inscriptions, literate in the languages of the Eddas and
Minnesaenger, sometime performer of works of the latter, singer,
artificer,incipient harper, illuminator, archer, and Journeywoman of the
Minstrels' Guild of Drachenwald
				device: or, dragon statant contourny,
		 			wings elevated and adorsed,
				and upon a point pointed, sable, a bizant

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.win.bright.net/~erilarlo
includes a brief biography of Mechthild as well as an account of my
heavily-medieval February '99 trip to Germany.