minstrel: filk/period music/cut off date/what were we talking about? ;-)

Fred (Flieg) Hollander flieg at socrates.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 27 16:50:45 PST 2000

At 04:49 PM 3/24/00 -0700, teleute at home.com wrote:
>Greg Lindahl wrote:
>
>> BTW, in Isenfir, most newcomers get loaned something considerably
>> nicer than a T-tunic to their first event, and construct something
>> considerably nicer when they first sew. We're pretty proud of the
>> encouragement and help that we offer. I've found many other groups in
>> my travels around the Known World which likewise have helped each
>> other to achieve a pretty high standard in dress.
>
>As a member of the SCA-garb list, I feel I should point out that
>T-tunics are perfectly period, in fact things other than a t-tunic would
>be OOP for some times and places, and that T-tunics can be every bit as
>gorgeous as later period garb when done with care and attention.
></soapbox>

   Thank you.  I was beginning to wonder what the metaphor being used was.
I wear T-tunics all the time (or what I call T-tunics) and they were
made for me by people who care a lot about authentic garb. Maybe Eogan
and Gregory have a different meaning for T-tunic?

   *   *   *    Frederick of Holland, MSCA, OP, OL, etc.
  *|* *|* *|*   flieg at socrates.berkeley.edu
  (((Flieg Hollander, Chemistry Dept., U.C. Berkeley)))