minstrel: Agincourt question

Terri Spencer tarats at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 27 09:04:44 PST 2000

The modern version our choral group sings agrees with what's been
posted, except for the last verse, which goes:

Almighty God, He keep our King,
His people and all his well-willing:
And give him grace without ending,
Then may we call and safely sing;
Deo gracias.

Are there multiple versions in period?  It seems odd that the other
verses match perfectly, but the last is so different.  Just
wondering...

BTW - we use a mnemonic to remember the verses we sing (1,2,4,6): Our
King, He set And went Almighty.  Now gracious just doesn't "fit".

Temair