minstrel: Early Music Workshops

Wendy Creek finella at lightspeed.net
Sun Mar 26 10:50:38 PST 2000

I have gone for the past two years to the one in San Rafael, CA put on by the San
Francisco Early Music Society. It's really good and relatively cheap as far as
these things are concerned ($330 for the week without room and board, add $380 for
the room and board charge). It's also pretty small so it may be less intimidating
than some of the larger ones. However, be warned before you go to take classes
that you need to be able to read music pretty well to be comfortable and to get
your money's worth. If you want more info on the one in San Rafael check out:

www.sfems.org

Finella