minstrel: filk/period music/cut off date/what were we talking about? ;-)

teleute at home.com teleute at home.com
Fri Mar 24 15:49:35 PST 2000

Greg Lindahl wrote:

> BTW, in Isenfir, most newcomers get loaned something considerably
> nicer than a T-tunic to their first event, and construct something
> considerably nicer when they first sew. We're pretty proud of the
> encouragement and help that we offer. I've found many other groups in
> my travels around the Known World which likewise have helped each
> other to achieve a pretty high standard in dress.

As a member of the SCA-garb list, I feel I should point out that
T-tunics are perfectly period, in fact things other than a t-tunic would
be OOP for some times and places, and that T-tunics can be every bit as
gorgeous as later period garb when done with care and attention.
</soapbox>

-Jimena

Allison Roth, Teleute, Wolfsong
teleute at home.com