Audiance mood - was Re: minstrel: Lowest Common Denominator

Tim Connor timcon at flash.net
Tue Mar 21 22:18:06 PST 2000

Of course there's lot's of medieval silliness (think of "the Miller's
Tale")  It's no accident that bawdy songs are popular in the SCA, and
very appropriate.  The problem is that the silliness is all in languages
that are foreign to "these current middle ages."  My project is to work
out modern English renditions of as many of these as I can--for
instance, there's a song about an abbess and her lover's
underpants...well, you'd really need to hear the whole thing, if I ever
finish it.

Tadhgh