minstrel: Songs for Coronation

Lisa and Ken Theriot lnktheriot at compuserve.com
Tue Mar 21 17:30:50 PST 2000

Flower of the Desert and Burden of the Crown are by Master Baldwin of
Erebor, m/k/a Derek G. Foster; copyright by him 1981 and 1979,
respectively.  I'll forward your request to Master Baldwin.

There are a number of "Crusader's Songs" throughout the SCA.  Are you
looking for the one sung to Gaudeamus, or the one with the chorus, "I'm for
the Holy Land sailing", or some other?

Born on the Listfield is never to be written down at the express request of
the author; anyone who gives you a written copy is being naughty.  You'll
have to find someone local to you to sing it for you.

Adelaide