minstrel: Feeling medieval

Efenwealt Wystle wystle at ipass.net
Tue Mar 21 07:16:05 PST 2000

>Tim Connor <timcon at flash.net> wrote:
>My goal is to, as nearly as possible, *feel*
medieval.

:-)

Sometimes, to *feel* more medieval, I'll not bathe for
months at a time. Then I roll in the dirt and hang out
in the Infectious Diseases Department at work to see
what I can catch. If I really want to get in the
medieval mood for an event, I fast for a week - eating
only watered down ale and cabbage stew. I walk to the
event site, and bring my own livestock to sleep next to
for warmth.

If after all this, I still have the strengh to lift my
recorder (my reproduction medieval recorder, not the
plastic yamaha baroque one, mind you!) and remember how
to play anything, I find I can really get the right
mood.

Maybe I should follow up my performances by having the
audience throw rotten food and run me off of the event
site?

<the preceding post is meant in jest and should not be
taken personally. Tagdh merely said the right words to
get my imagination going... :-) >

Master Efenwealt Wystle (Scott Vaughan) wystle at ipass.net
Seneschal of Elvegast  http://elvegast.xrs.net
all about me - http://www.geocities.com/efenwealt