minstrel: Welsh aire?

mark thompson kc7lqc at sisna.com
Mon Mar 20 17:17:08 PST 2000

Knowing that I like aires, my bagpipe instructor gave me some music that
is titled
Suigan, a Welsh aire.  He says that it is quite old.  Now old is
definitely relative.  I have not been able to find any information on
this piece.  Has anyone heard of it?  When was it written etc?.  I would
greatly appreciate any information.
thanks
Malcolm.

--

     Princes and lords are but the breath of kings,
     "An honest man 's the noblest work of God."