minstrel: Gaudete: Period music can get in your veins

cynthia j ley cley at juno.com
Sun Mar 19 08:46:39 PST 2000

Gaudete is period. It's found in the "Piae Cantiones", 1582; the earlier
listing for it is "Jistebnice Cantional," 1420. It's in the New Oxford
Book of Christmas Carols, both the "longer" and "shorter" versions. I may
also have it in a book of 15th century English carols, but don't have
access to the book at present to look it up.

Steeleye Span recorded it.

				Arlys