minstrel: bard favors

Lisa and Ken Theriot lnktheriot at compuserve.com
Fri Mar 17 07:30:49 PST 2000

Sometimes the heraldry police are correct.  Be very careful about designing
things for the SCA without doing some basic heraldic consultation.

In this case, there is a very definite problem, in that a silver harp on a
blue field is the emblem of the Order of the Harp Argent of Caid, the
intermediate level arts award for the kingdom.  I believe the actual
registered badge has a silver embattled bordure (which was necessary at the
time to clear a mundane conflict), but the medallions handed out to the
Companions of the Order do not (I know, because I've got one!).  Anyone
barding in a Caidan camp wearing such a favor would likely be presumed to
have an award they probably don't have.

Stick with ribbons!

Adelaide