minstrel: Period music...

Debra Grove Debra=Grove%SSD_FINAID%MSCD at Bansrvr3.mscd.edu
Tue Mar 14 11:08:17 PST 2000

Form: Reply
Text: (39 lines follow)
Um, I think that perhaps Lord Barak did not see this other post concerning
this topic?

You wrote:
>From: Emil Stecher <gwrgi at yahoo.com>, on 3/14/00 11:30 AM:
<snip>
> >echoing through the valley.
> > Gaudete, gaudete, chritos es natos, ex maria virgene, gaudete.
> > That was one of the most amazing moments of my life.
>
>Interesting. All that talk about period music and your Kodak moment is
courtesy of >Pentangle?

>                         Barak Raz
>                        (Emil M Stecher)
>                       (gwrgi at yahoo.com)

However, Lady Adelaide (forgive me if I have given you the wrong title) had
already commented:

>From: Lisa and Ken Theriot <lnktheriot at compuserve.com>, on 3/14/00 10:03 AM:
<snip>
>Ekaterina wrote:
<snip>
> Gaudete, gaudete,
<snip>
>[Gaudete, from Piae Cantiones (Finland, 1582)
>New Oxford Book of Carols]
>
>Adelaide

A modern group may make use of an old song (do not we all?) but that does not
make it a modern song.

Rowen

"I do not resent growing older - many are not granted that privilege."