minstrel: Who's afraid of the big bad filk?

Joshua Kronengold mneme at io.com
Tue Mar 14 06:50:12 PST 2000

Greg Lindahl writes:
>> If a bard approaches a bardic and hears period stuff and nothing
>> else, is it too much to expect of him or her to ask if filk is
>> appropriate there?
>That bard may not realize that they're hearing only period stuff.
>Ravenscroft doesn't sound unusual to the modern ear.

On the other hand, there are ways to indicate that only period stuff
is welcome within a space; I suspect that for those who wish to
discourage all but the most oblivious, appropriate signage, a gold
cord boundary, and at appropriate intervals, a badge of "Azure, a
candle inflamed within an annulet or," even if all of the preceeding
is temporary, should do the trick nicely.

--
         Joshua Kronengold (mneme at io.com)	         |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)