minstrel: Who's afraid of the big bad filk?

B.Zantingh(aka Bernadette) bzantingh at bulkley.net
Mon Mar 13 19:37:34 PST 2000

 Thank you, kind sir, for your gentle reply to this thread.  As a newcomer
to the SCA, I was beginning to develop a deep concern that there was an
unwritten set of rules and regulations regarding Bardic circles.  It does
seem that there are many strong opinions amongst the musical populace of our
Society.  The last thing I would want to do is cause offence through any
personal musical choice.  How I would know what was considered "appropriate"
or "inappropriate"?  Your posting has explained it in such a clear way and I
feel that I now have a better understanding regarding the "rules" (for lack
of a better word).  Common sense, consideration and respect for my fellow
musicians should stand me in good stead.  Again, I extend my gratitude.

Bernadette