minstrel: Who's afraid of the big bad filk?

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Sun Mar 12 21:49:30 PST 2000

> I too appreciate early music as you have put it.  But I don't seem to hear
> anyone telling you that you must be those assholes who are trying to force
> other people to be period all the time.   I'm just saying that there are
> people like that.

Ah. Well, there are allegedly two sides to a discussion. The people
who suposedly are trying to force you to do things aren't here. If you
continue to "discuss" and ignore all the people you're talking to, you
shouldn't be surprised that folks like me get confused.

I've seen hundreds of "discussions" online that have gone the same
way. That's what I mean when I refer to "beating a strawman". That's
what I refer to as "talking past each other". That's what always
happens whenever this topic comes up on this mailing list.

-- gb