minstrel: Who's afraid of the big bad filk?

FrogEyes78 at aol.com FrogEyes78 at aol.com
Sun Mar 12 21:43:30 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/12/00 9:16:04 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
lindahl at pbm.com writes:

<< And what of those of us who think early music is fun, and want to
 encourage (not force) others to like early music, too? And are tired
 of being told that we must be those assholes who are trying to force
 other people to be period all the time? >>

I too appreciate early music as you have put it.  But I don't seem to hear
anyone telling you that you must be those assholes who are trying to force
other people to be period all the time.   I'm just saying that there are
people like that.  And you can encourage people to like early music too...I
just think that all people (not just you) should relax and have fun.  Do what
you want, and sing your early music, but either accept the filk singers, or
avoid us. All in all, just let us be....

Shasta